Friday, March 21, 2014

Xyron and Anna Griffin "For the Boys"

I have never worked with Anna Griffin Products before so I wasn't sure what expect when I got my goodies to create with for this post. What I was expecting was some beautiful floral prints and lots of pastels. Although I did get some pretty 6x6 papers, I also got this set of "For the Boys" 396 Die Cuts. I LOVED all of the images inside! Everything was vintage and masculine, yet still had that soft Anna Griffin touch. So I set aside all the floral pretties and decided to make a gift box for my hubbys Birthday- not until July so I am way ahead of the game! I found this plain box at Target in the markdown area for $3.45! Now, if you HAVE to cover a box like this you HAVE to have a 9 Inch Creative Station.
There is simply no better adhesive to use for amazing, smooth, and strong coverage. I also decoupaged this box- and if you don't have your paper adhered to its base properly you are asking for bubbles. I love how this came out following my hubbys instructions that he doesn't like things with flowers, bows or lace!
{Before}

{After}

{I loved the slight wood grain of the background 6x6 Cardstock. After I adhered everything down with my Xyron Creative Station- I decoupaged it using Glossy Mod Podge}

{To bring out the red in the box I sprayed these Heidi Swapp Alphas with ColorBox Spritzers Dye Ink Spray in Fireberry}

{I added these vintage screw heads from my stash with some Hot Glue}

{I made this cool soldered key piece ages ago and had it in my stash, so I tied it on with some Jute}

{I used the uncut 6x6 for the center then cut another piece into 4 1.5 Inch pieces and then added them on with my Xyron Tape runner- Then I ran the whole thing through the Xyron Creative Station to adhere inside}

{The sidewalls have a little Graphic 45 Good Ol Sport paper cut to size and run through the Xyron Creative Station too} PS Graphic 45 Good Ol Boy goes GREAT with these die cuts!

{Yeah, he is a keeper!}

{ now what sort of trinkets to put inside? I am thinking Gummi Bears, Starbucks gift card, maybe some new roller skate wheels...}
I hope you enjoyed the project today and keep your eyes out in those markdown bins for things you can cover up in all the delicious paper you have been collecting!
-Denise
Supplies:
Anna Griffin For the Boys Die Cuts
Anna Griffin 6x6 Cardstock
Anna Griffin Tags


1 comment:

  1. No flowers or lace...hope it is manly enough for him :D I am sure he will love it filled with the items you mentioned. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete