Tuesday, April 24, 2012

French General Workshop Photos

I remember the first time I walked into French General. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the entire length of a wall stacked with apothecary jars filled with vintage beads, buttons and charms. Then you look around and see all of the things that surround you from vintage paper and ephemera, to Moda fabrics designed by French Generals owner and curator Kaari Meng. Simply being in her space just feels warm and welcoming. That was a few years back and since then I have attended some of Kaaris Art of Craft events and a few others. I really couldn't imagine that someday I too would be standing at the helm of French General teaching a class! It went great and I am so glad to say I will be back in August for another one! Email me if you want advance notice of when it goes on sale! In the meantime here are some pictures from my Sew Romantic Lariat Necklace Class- PS I made an Amazing one with Graphic 45 paper that will be featured on their blog in June.


{ahhh I could just hang here all day}




{Thats Kaari on the left in blue}

{This attendee was so sweet, she actually just signed up for the class to get in to Frech General, as the shop is only open Mondays! She ended up having an amazing time and I could tell she was totally bitten by the craft bug!}





{ as I always hope for, everyones project came out a little different}






1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed your class. :o( But please send me advance notice for the next one at FG. Your adoring fan....Terry

    ReplyDelete