Monday, December 6, 2010

Maison de Joie- Workshop Photos

The house of joy is exactly where I spent this past Saturday! My friends Annette and Earleen hosted an amazing workshop taught by Carol Wingert. If you want to see or buy the kit check it out here!  I have been really mourning the loss of my sweet dog Temper and was looking forward to getting away. I flew in to Arizona on Friday and taught my own little class at Earleen's house (but I will blog about that later) Then I spent the night at Annette's and got up at the crack of dawn to help get everything ready! The first thing I noticed was the wonderful attention to detail that Carol brings to this amazing event. From the metal box full of all the amazing trims and embellishments, to the wonderful food made by her daughter Ashley. Carols amazing books are made from repurposing old book covers, I love that! The other thing that was great about Carols class is the unique techniques she taught. No store bought embellishments here (okay not that I don't love store bought ones too) we make our own. The techniques she taught to name a few were, pamphlet binding, stamping into ultra heavy embossing powder while it's hot, and image transfer. I was determined to finish my book, but the time was just creeping away and by 6pm I still had 4 pages to go! Oh well, to good news is, that I have all of the things I need to finish it in my little tin. Here are some pics, I have another busy crafty weekend ahead (note to self- back to back crafting can be dangerous to your sleep).... another class to take another to teach! This is the best stress to have!

{the supply tree and class sample}

{table set up}



{the outside stamp and embossing area}

 {my table card, love the wreath made from craft tissue}
{carol starts the class}

{my box of treasures}

{I love bookbinding and was glad that she incorporates it into her projects}

{I met so many neat ladies, but can hardly remember any names, this particular one was our photographer}


{project in progress}

{this crafty chica had it down, she was buzzing through the pages!}


{Teah}

{me and Carol}
-Denise

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful class. I just love that wreath with your name on it. So glad you had fun!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell you, it's the attention to detail that always makes an art gathering so fun and inspiring. It's great that you came away with it with lots of knowledge on textures and book-binding too!

    Sandy xoxo

    ReplyDelete