Friday, September 10, 2010

SuRpRiSE!!

Okay so I know I am just a wee bit late finally posting about Maijas 50th Birthday Surprise party, but better late then never. Looking over the pictures always makes you re-live the moment and I have at least two more posts about this fun weekend still left in me! So the party idea came up 4 or 5 months ago, some of Maijas friends (I am not sure exactly who, but you know who you are!) were in Arizona and were talking to Maijas husband Al. Al said he wanted to plan a surprise birthday for Maijas 50th, well that was all that was had to be said because the ladies just took it over from there. Since Earleen and Annette were hosting two of the festivities they invited me. I know I am not as close as many of the friends who attended, but when you meet Maija, you feel like you have known her forever! She is just that type of person. Here are some pics from the big surprise. Then coming up will be the classes and make and takes.
{surprise!}

{sweet hubby Al}

{ladies in waiting}

{this lovely apron was a gift from Joy Campbell and Joy made the adorable birthday crown!}
GIFTS>>>>

{One of Holly Stinnett's signature Art Dolls a la Maija}

{this gorgeous ornament was made by......? I dont remember! Please comment if you know who made this sweet little mason jar cap}

{this was my gift, a chunky gold and vintage button necklace}

{And the most touching gift of all Joy arranged to have a group of Maijas frieds make a panel for this wall hanging. Please visit Maijas blog here to see pics of the individual panels, they are great!}
Thats all for now, time to go to work!
-Denise

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photo's!!
    what a special treat for sweet Maija:)
    And you little goblins on dominos..are too cute!!

    Thanks for sharing,

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete